Okay I finally managed to wrangle the Starry Night quilt top enough to get some photos. I must admit there are a few strangling pieces of paper still attached to the back…
but I promised a reveal today so here goes…
As you know, if you have followed this quilts progress, I did not have a plan of how to put this together. I just went with the flow, putting pieces up on the design wall and jigsawing the blocks into a top (a technical maneuver I do not want to attempt again!).
My design wall was too small for it, so I had pieces hanging off the wall and laying on the floor….
My first step was to arrange the star blocks in a rough layout that made sure that they were as evenly distributed and as balanced as I could get them.
I carefully placed the bigger stars around the quilt making sure that the fractured stars were separated as well as the ringed stars. I wanted the eye to move around the top exploring and I felt this was the best way to do it.
I then I placed the smaller stars in the gaps!
Finally I just filled all the spaces with scrappy blue blocks… and voila… you have a finished quilt top. A scrappy, random, crazy quilt top.