Oh it has been a fun morning of paper piecing this Monday (please note this statement is to be read with an Aussie accent and a hefty amount of sarcasm). This week I designed my first 12 inch star block. I was pleased with what I had come up with and that I was finally getting a hang of the design software. I printed out the pattern, sewed up the blocks till I had four square blocks…
I had colour coded my pattern because I wanted to play with the lights and darks of this block and was thrilled with how things were working out. Then I went to sew the squares together and discovered a tiny design fault – one of the seams does not line up exactly… insert appropriate swear words.
Frustrated I decided to sew the whole star together anyway just to check out the design… this is how it looks.
I was planning on attaching the pattern for this block, but I now have to go and amend it. I will make sure a correct and proper pattern is attached to this Star in my “Free Paper Piecing Patterns” section as soon as possible.
I am now debating whether to unpick it, start again or just call it good and move on.