One of my new years resolution was to try to post more of my work in progress quilts. I found a great site called Freshly Pieced, that hosts a work in progress blog party (the link is on my sidebar) which will hopefully help keep my on track.
Today I have been working on a quilt I had an idea for a month or so ago. I wanted to use black and white fabrics, which I love, and pastels, which I am not too fond of. I wanted to see how/if they married.
I decided to use a wonky churn block with 4 1/2 inch pieces. I think the block is a little big and if I was going to do it again I would go for a smaller piece, maybe 3 1/2 inch pieces. I also decided to alternate light and dark blocks to give the quilt some pattern.
The blocks came have come together really quickly and I have just finished the quilt top this morning.
I am not thrilled with it, but it will make a good Project Linus quilt I think. I will now add it to the pile of quilt tops that need finishing.