A little while ago I discovered the wonderful Granny Square quilt on Blue Elephants site. It was love at first sight. Using the tutorial on the site (they now has two different ways to make this quilt up) I started making my own Granny squares for one of my friends who has been waiting patiently for a quilt from me for year. I cut lots of 3 inch squares, played with the colour combinations and started making blocks..
I have made about 17 blocks so far and I have either 3 or 13 more blocks to go. I have not decided how big I want the quilt to be. Whatever the size of the finished quilt, I know I will have to get it basted somewhere other than my house. My quilts are usually for kids and are usually not much bigger than 60 inches wide. I do not have the floor space to baste anything bigger really. Luckily I have a quilting partner in crime who has more floor space at her place (heads up Lisa).
Anyway working on these blocks this week it made me think about using some of the spare 5 inch squares I had lying around to make a BIG version of this quilt. So yesterday I threw together this quick and simple quilt top for Project Linus.
Now back to the smaller blocks… I keep missing my deadline to have this quilt finished. I am now promising delivery by August… just in time for a birthday, hopefully.