This week I have been thinking about New Years Resolutions a bit – my personal resolutions like “visit hospital less this year”, our family resolutions like “get our kitchen in shape” and finally my quilting resolutions.
This last resolution list is a long long long long one. I seem to have put more thought into it than any other and the highlights include:
1. Finish up the stack of quilts I have started including….
2. Tackle making a curved block or quilt no matter how terrified I am.
3. Finish making the blocks for a number of quilts I started and then put aside including…
4. Make more charity quilts… make them simple, easy and fun. I want to commit to delivering at least 2 a month in 2014.
5. Finish up projects where the blocks are done but for some reason I have not put the top together…
6. Design more paper piecing patterns.
7. Improve my free motion quilting. Practice and practice and practice.
8. Finally make a quilt for my husband.
I am excited by the promise of what 2014 can bring… and all the quilting yet to come. This year I am Programs Coordinator for the Portland Modern Quilt Guild which is going to be a hoot and means even more quilting in my already quilt stuffed life. I look forward to sharing my quilting journey with you and seeing what amazing things you also create.