Continuing my catch up mode, today I want to share a quilt that I made for last Quiltmarket…yes I am that behind in my blogging!
Maywood Studio’s approached me to make a quilt top for them for their new range of fabric, Catalina. They had a pattern that they wanted to use, but did need someone who paper pieced.
Yep I made that….using Sam Hunter’s fabulous “Bloomin” pattern.
This top was the first time I had worked with a fabric company to make a project just using one line. I was initially worried that I would not be able to get enough variety in the flowers to make them feel scrappy but as I started cutting I soon realised that it would not be an issue.
The Catalina line has some great border prints and large colourful florals and I found cutting them up into smaller strips, I had a lot of variety. I was thrilled with how it all turned out. The quilt was finished off with some amazing quilting by Nancy Stovall of Just Quilting.
Oh and did you notice how tidy my work is. I was so crazy obsessed with making sure this top had NONE of my usual stray cottons and messy edges. In the end I was more impressed with my ability to be neat than anything else with this project!