My first low volume quilt is now finished. I started this quilt a couple of weeks ago and blogged about my struggle working without bright colours here.
I opted for a simple straight line quilting, it was all that seemed to be needed for this quiet quilt.
I backed the quilt with a wonderful Alexander Henry fabric I had in my stash. I must admit I back a lot of my quilts with either Alexander Henry or Michael Miller or IKEA fabrics.
I love how the quilt ended up. I was not sure at first but it grew on me as it came together. I was so pleased I have started a new low volume quilt – this time using a log cabin pattern. There was something fun about using such a structured pattern in an unstructured way. Here are some of the blocks I have done so far….