Yep I am going to do this… I am taking the 13 Spools Challenge
1. I do not know the difference between pressing and ironing but I am assuming I do it the wrong way!
2. I struggle with quilt math… it makes my brain hurt and I suck at it. Often my paper pieced quilt blocks are a weird size – whatever size is the biggest I can fit on a sheet of paper. My Atlantic Sea block is 13.78 inches square!
4. I dislike the quilting part of the process… it physically hurts me and I am usually on painkiller for a couple of days after finishing a quilt!
5. and while on the subject of quilting… I started hand quilting a quilt in 2000, got bored with the process and bound it before I finished the quilting. I feel a little guilty every time I use this quilt.
6. I am not keen on the look and feel of machine binding but I still do it on charity quilts. Does this make me a bad person?
7. I get annoyed by people who try to dictate what is “modern quilting” and what is not…and a lot of time the definitions seem self-serving to me. The movement is bigger than just a few people and I think only history will be able to give us a clear definition.
8. I do not pin my quilt blocks enough to every have the problem of sewing over the pins.
9. I am too lazy to pre-wash my fabric.
10. I get bored way to easily. I have too many ideas and too many wips. I counted 16 quilt tops last week in need of a finish. I may have a problem…
Wow that was very therapeutic. You should give it a go….