This week my quilting life has been full of just one block – a paper pieced X block of varying sizes.
Don’t you just love the center Dresden flower – my clever fellow PMQG officer, Kelly of Blue Bird Sews made it.
After finishing the first 24 X blocks for the Guild Medallion I turned around and did another 48 X blocks to make the border on my Medallion….
Yep you read right… I had to make two lots of cross blocks to get my border done, because I did not measure my paper piecing pattern before I started sewing. My printer had “scaled to fit” my first set of block so they were just slightly smaller than 4 inches. Lesson for the day: always measure your printed pattern before you start work.
For some unknown reason I then thought “wow wouldn’t be fun to try a larger cross with some Lizzy House fabrics” and in a moment of insanity started making these blocks…
I was at least smart enough to blow the pattern up to 6 x 6 inches and I am liking how this quilt is starting to look. You can find the pattern for the larger crosses here… Cross block pattern.
Believe it or not I am contemplating adding some smaller 4 x 4 blocks to my Constellation quilt to bring a nice variety to the top. If I do not get too sick of these blocks, I will have a wip update in a couple of weeks.