This week I managed to get another quilt off my WIP list….
This quilt is a Do Good Stitches quilt from a long time ago. I actually finished piecing the top in October 2014 and first posted the block pattern in July 2014… actually feeling very guilty about how long this one has been sitting unfinished…
The block is a paper pieced pattern by Lee at Freshly Pieced called Arkansas Traveller. In setting a paper pieced block for your Bee, you are usually helping your odds of getting block the right size,…. unless some of your fellow Bee members, who are new to paper piecing, print the pattern out a little too small…
This usually happens when you either print the PDF of the pattern straight from the computer, without saving it to the desktop or if you print the pattern with “scale to fit” box ticked on in the Print dialogue box.
When I first got the Bee blocks in and realised some of them were a little small I thought I might have to remake them… but my darling husband suggested sashing and it worked a treat.
I fully embraced the scrappy feel of this quilt by adding a wonderfully scrappy binding, that used 8 different coloured fabrics…. I ended up attaching the binding, by hand, with the same variegated yellow thread that I quilted with.
So another old Work in Progress is done… I was feeling so virtuous about my finishes that I decided to start a new project but more about that next week.